All that Glitters Burlesque Studio is a small business founded by Holly Dai. We are tiny but mighty! As you come in you will be immediately in our dance studio. Check in with our teacher or assistant at the kiosk by the door. In the back there are two bathrooms on the left and right as well as a water station in the very back of the studio. Feel free to hang your coat and put your shoes in the cubbies on the bench by the windows.
Our Flow!- Classes are usually taught in sections starting with a warm up. Follow along and get your blood pumping. Don’t worry about perfecting every movement. After getting the body moving, stretching comes next followed by the choreography.
Each teacher is a little different with the way they teach choreography and may switch between 8-counts to melodic explanations of the movements. After going over a part of the movement, music will be added and continue until the class ends.
What to Wear
We want you to be comfortable! Since this is a burlesque studio you may see instructors in crop tops and heels occasionally but this does not have to be you! Most students wear gym related gear or yoga, we recommend bringing a pair of tennis shoes or dance heels depending on your comfort level. If you have never danced in heels before please do not bring them as a teacher can help you ease into this transition.
For ballet for burlesque:
There is not a specific clothing requirement but we do want to be able to see your body. Please bring a water bottle and dress in a way where your muscles are visible- a leotard and tights is preferred- dance skirts are fine provided they are not bulky. Ballet slippers are required for foot wear
Tricks to your first experiences.
NO ONE IS JUDGING YOU! So don’t worry if you miss a step. Learning is all part of the process. Classes always get better and better the more you continue to try and never give up!
Sometimes beginners feel frustrated that they didn’t hit all the marks. Don’t let this get you down! Even veterans can take time understanding dance moves I (Holly Dai) still have to ask questions about which direction I was supposed to turn and routines don’t always sink it till the 10th try.
Your teacher wants you to succeed. They might offer tips and suggestions and push you to get it right. It is dance instruction, after all. Take whatever advice you can get!
Studio Etiquette – Please Read:
1. Please keep conversations to a minimum if you elect to enter the studio during another class. Classes are spaced 15 mins apart so if you are more than 15 min early a class is happening. It can be very distracting to have conversations going on while dancing. If you have to chat please step outside.
2. All belongings should be place on the bench near the window. Please do not put anything on the back wall as another performer may trip. Please do not place your items on the desk area or studio alter (Seen with two showgirls).
3. Food is a no no. If you are hungry and need to much please keep food items outside. Our warm foods can be distracting when mixed with warm dance air.
4. Since the bathrooms are across the studio please make sure the current class is not doing their end-of-class dance thru. It wont take very long for them to get done and then you can hustle across.
5. BE NICE TO EVERYONE.
6. Have a damn good time! Bring your most positive attitude and just have fun!
How to Sign Up
When you arrive at the All that Glitters Burlesque Studio, check in with the teacher or assistant at the front desk kiosk. You will need to fill out your name and email and sign a online liability waiver. You only need to fill this form the first time you arrive. You can buy classes at when you arrive with cash, check or credit/debit card, or online through our weekly pricing.